Even if Konami lost all interest in making proper Castlevania games, Dracula's Castle can’t be kept in the void forever. It just so happens, that this time fans were the ones to aid in it’s return.
It was originally invisioned as a „demake” of Castlevania II: Simon's Quest but eventually turned into an original independent game for ZX Spectrum.
Castlevania: Spectral Interlude is an action-adventure platform game with elements of RPG. It merges well known elements of classic games with some new ideas. It tells a new story which tries to remain consistent with the canon of original franchise and explains why Belmonts disappeared for many years.
Dracula's Castle is awaiting new guests!
Italian localization added
Here's long-awaited Italian version. All thanks to Paolo Arus (DaRkHoRaCe).
Version 1.1 - new and improved
We proudly presents slightly new and improved Castlevania: Spectral Interlude. Changes in version 1.1:
- Spanish version added.
- Vadoma's door is open from the start.
- Medusa ("green boss") is more difficult now.
- Bug fixed: hero was getting thrown to the right after hit from either side.
- Bug fixed: sometimes hero was getting stuck in the walls.
- Text errors fixed.
You can download v1.1 in Downloads section.
German and Portuguese versions are coming soon.
- ZX Spectrum 128 compatible computer
- Z80 CPU with 3,5MHz or faster
- 128Kb RAM or higher
- Yamaha AY-3-8912 soundchip or compatible
- Tape recorder